Do you have a passion for providing your clients with the best in service and support, delivering world class retail projects for international brands whilst building lasting relationships? Do you seek out the best solutions for clients, with a keen eye on commercial considerations with the drive to succeed under challenging situations?
Are you looking for a driven and rewarding workplace, with the opportunity to expand your career and the success of our brand? Then get in touch!
Who we are looking for:
Business Development Manager – Global Display Projects Ltd.
Who Are we:
Global Display is a successful, vibrant, growing business operating in the retail display, fixture and VM/mannequin markets. They are a fully international operation, with offices in South Africa, China and Australia. Their main UK office is at Dunstable, Beds and they also have a mannequin/wigs workshop in North London.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager, who can work on both strategy and tactical business development. The company is poised for significant future growth, and is now looking for a professional BDM to manage this key function . This person will be an integral part of the company’s growth and future success, and they will report directly to the Sales Director.
Will have a successful track-record of new business success achieved within the retail display /POP/shop-fitting. They will be well-connected, possess sound market intelligence, and have the drive and motivation to succeed.
The candidate will ideally live within commuting distance of the company’s office in Dunstable. This is important, as a key part of the role will be to work closely with other members in the design and project management teams.
There will be regular travel throughout the UK (and occasionally abroad) visiting clients, attending exhibitions, client entertainment etc.
The following job-related attributes are highly desirable: -
• knowledge and experience of the retail display and associated markets
• proven track-record in winning new business
• able to contribute to the company’s strategic sales plan together with senior colleagues
• ability to translate the strategy into workable, achievable milestones
• assist in devising and implementing a variety of marketing and promotional initiatives
• able to target, approach and develop relationships with prospects, which lead to opportunities to quote
• ability to develop and negotiate the quotes into actual sales
• understand both the creative and development sides. Take a full design brief from clients and communicate this accurately to the design studio
• technical – a basic understanding of the key materials and production processes
Experience and Character:
• high levels of drive, energy and self-motivation
• high levels of personal organisation; reliable and trustworthy
• ability to multi-task and cope with a high work demand and operate under pressure
• mobile, flexible and willing to travel (often at short notice)
• professional, switched-on and articulate
• a positive, friendly personality who will seamlessly fit into the team
• able to develop a strong working relationship with the Sales Director and senior colleagues
The package will consist of the following: -
• Competitive basic salary
• Car allowance
• 21 days holiday (plus all public holidays) increasing up to 25 days over a 5-year qualifying period
• contributory pension, life assurance, private medical insurance, child care vouchers
• attractive sales commission
There are considerable opportunities for growth and progression within this forward looking, successful and innovative company.
If this sounds like you then get in touch!