Do you have a passion for sourcing, procuring and helping to deliver world class retail projects for international brands? Do you seek out the best solutions for clients, with a keen eye on commercial considerations, whilst taking ownership of key projects all with the drive to succeed under challenging situations?
Are you looking for a driven and rewarding workplace, with the opportunity to expand your career and the success of our brand? Then get in touch!
• Managing new enquiries and repeat projects including prototyping, selecting suppliers, evaluating total cost of acquisition, negotiation, production/manufacturing and logistics. Planning work throughput, responding to and controlling change to ensure appropriate prioritisation of tasks.
• Understand technical drawings, and translate these into a costing document.
• Effectively manage budget of purchasing process ensuring that contracted costs are met
Present quotes in a clear and concise manner within agreed timescales, highlighting any applicable exclusions and lead time issues.
• Lead the projects to make them happen, problem solving, trouble shooting, risk assessments, offering up solutions, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget and to required quality levels.
• Provide advice and intelligence to Designers and Sales staff on the external processes and services we manage, in terms of availability and prevailing commercial influencers.
For a full breakdown of the role specification please email HR@global-display.co
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of buying within a similar or related industry with a good understanding of the manufacturing processes. i.e Metal Fabrication, Joinery, Plastics and all associated processes with these for negotiating and management of projects.
· • The ability to take full control and drive results to complete projects on time is an important factor to this role.
• Extremely proficient communicator with very good interpersonal skills.
• High level of attention to detail, with an energetic fast pace and able to perform under pressure.
• Must be able to drive real savings through planned purchasing and strong negotiations with suppliers.
• Competitive Basic Annual Salary (Negotiable).
• Inclusion into the Company bonus scheme which could yield up to 20% of basic salary
• Contributory Pension, Life Assurance and childcare vouchers (all pending qualifying period)
If this sounds like you then get in touch!
Who Are we:
Global Display is a successful, vibrant, growing business operating in the retail display, fixture and VM/mannequin markets. They are a fully international operation, with offices in South Africa, China and Australia. Their main UK office is at Dunstable, and they also have a mannequin/wigs factory in North London.