Do you have a passion for sourcing, procuring and helping to deliver world class retail projects for international brands? Do you seek out the best solutions for clients, with a keen eye on commercial considerations, whilst taking ownership of key projects all with the drive to succeed under challenging situations?
Are you looking for a driven and rewarding workplace, with the opportunity to expand your career and the success of our brand? Then get in touch!
Who we are looking for:
Senior Project Buyer – Global Display Projects Ltd.
Who Are we:
Global Display is a successful, vibrant, growing business operating in the retail display, fixture and VM/mannequin markets. They are a fully international operation, with offices in South Africa, China and Australia. Their main UK office is at Dunstable, Beds and they also have a mannequin/wigs factory in North London.
The Senior Project Buyer will take ‘ownership’ of relevant key projects, covering all operational issues following design conception through to completion and delivery of the tangible ‘product’ to the client.
Liaising closely with Sales, Design and where necessary, the Customer, to ensure the satisfactory completion of projects on time, within budget and to the Company’s quality standards.
• Managing new enquiries and repeat projects including prototyping, selecting suppliers, evaluating total cost of acquisition, negotiation, production/manufacturing and logistics. Planning work throughput, responding to and controlling change to ensure appropriate prioritisation of tasks.
• Understand technical drawings, and translate these into a costing document.
• Ensure proper use of the procurement procedures and follow up administration in order to provide others in the company with the relevant information.
• Effectively manage budget of purchasing process ensuring that contracted costs are met and delivered, to work with Supply Chain and suppliers to maintain best price.
Present quotes in a clear and concise manner within agreed timescales, highlighting any applicable exclusions and lead time issues.
• Lead the projects to make them happen, problem solving, trouble shooting, risk assessments, offering up solutions, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget and to required quality levels.
• Maintaining financial control of all projects within the field of responsibility, interfacing with the Company’s financial reporting system.
• Ensuring appropriate quality assurance is maintained at all stages of the supply chain. Planning and overseeing on-site supervision of work in progress, where necessary.
• Working with the Operations’ Manager on supplier development and performance initiatives on a world-wide basis.
• Build & maintain key relationships with internal stake holders & supply chain. Source, evaluate, recommend and develop potential suppliers.
• Provide advice and intelligence to Designers and Sales staff on the external processes and services we manage, in terms of availability and prevailing commercial influencers.
• Maintain standards, polices, documentation, systems and procedures to ensure the continued development of the supply function.
• Be able to show leadership skills, train, develop and motivate the team.
Experience and Qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of buying within a similar industry with a good understanding of the manufacturing processes. i.e Metal Fabrication, Joinery, Plastics and all associated processes with these for negotiating and management of projects.
• CIPS qualified to level 4 or above and/or BA (Hons) or HND in Business and Finance or a Technical disciplineCIPS accredited or a Technical discipline.
• Direct experience of managing both domestic and over-seas suppliers, particularly the Far Eastern supply market.
• Able to interpret Technical Drawings and work with suppliers to achieve required specifications.
• Knowledge of Export/Import processes and documentation and all modes of transport.
• Demonstrate a sound understanding of figures and be commercially aware.
• Good working knowledge of a wide range of retail industry materials
· • The ability to take full control and drive results to complete projects on time is an important factor to this role.
• Able to Multi-task with excellent time management skills.
• Extremely proficient communicator with very good interpersonal skills.
• High level of attention to detail, with an energetic fast pace and able to perform under pressure.
• Technically orientated, self disciplined, logical, accurate and flexibility is necessary for this role.
• Must be able to drive real savings through planned purchasing and strong negotiations with suppliers.
• High level of computer literacy, in particular excel and outlook.
• Professional attitude at all times in both business and personal capacity & work on their own & within a team.
• A can-do attitude.
• Competitive Basic Annual Salary.
• Inclusion into the Company bonus scheme which could yield up to 20% of basic salary
• Contributory Pension, Life Assurance and childcare vouchers (all pending qualifying period)
If this sounds like you then get in touch!